Can I appeal a Parking Charge Notice?

  • Lindsay Heyes
  • Topic Author
21 Dec 2016 09:15 - 10 Feb 2020 23:10 #123 by Lindsay Heyes
Can I appeal a Parking Charge Notice? was created by Lindsay Heyes
You should appeal a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) if it was wrongly issued or for a minor keying error of your vehicle registration This information has been amended since changes in the British Parking Association Code of Practice of 6th January 2020.

Our customers are not exempt from paying for parking. When all is said and done, it is the driver's responsibility to declare their Vehicle Registration Mark and to make timely payment for the full duration of their stay. Users who paid for the full period they were parked using PaybyPhone, or whose vehicle had a valid seasonal Park & Choose Permit, should contact the vendor for assistance.

The Car Park Operator is ParkingEye Ltd Wye Valley Visitor Centre is neither appointed nor qualified to provide an Alternative Dispute Resolution; ParkingEye cannot disclose evidence of infringement under Data Protection Regulations - so it would not be right for our staff to intervene in a dispute between ParkingEye and its customer. Our company and staff do not take the side of ParkingEye against you, nor take your side against ParkingEye.

How to get Alternative Dispute Resolution
The appeal process is explained in a video from (Welsh language version available on the page).

The details for the Wye Valley Visitor Centre Car Park are:
  1. Appeal to the Operator ParkingEye Ltd is in the Approved Operator Scheme of the British Parking Association , the Accredited Trade Association (ATA) which ensures that the checks and balances required by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and the Parking (Code of Practice) Act 2019 are in place. You can use the Citizens Advice appeal letter writer . See the Parking Charge Notice for information you need or log in to the ParkingEye Driver Portal .
  2. Appeal to the professional, impartial and independent Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider for arbitration if your appeal to the Operator fails. The ADR Provider appointed by the BPA is Independent Appeals Service, a branch of Ombudsman Services which is certified under the Alternative Dispute Resolution Regulations 2015. IAS is not in the pay of either operators or appellants. Instead, IAS charges the BPA a set fee regardless of the outcome so that appeal outcomes are not driven by commerciality. See the Operator's rejection notice for how to appeal to IAS.
Appeals to the Operator or ADR Provider do not prevent you from pursuing your issue through other channels, such as complaining to the Operator or their Trade Association, or using the courts.

If you have questions for or about If you need nonpartisan help Citizens Advice is one source of informed advice which has neither commercial nor activist bias.

Please respect that Wye Valley Visitor Centre staff cannot correct your inputs to the systems of ParkingEye or paybyPhone nor have discretion to waive your duty to pay for parking Information given by Centre staff about the services of ParkingEye or paybyPhone is out of courtesy and in good faith in the manner of any tourist information and is not intended to form a contract or modify your contract with ParkingEye or constitute legal advice or limit your statutory rights.
The topic has been locked.
Powered by Kunena Forum