How to appeal a Parking Charge Notice

  • Lindsay Heyes
  • Topic Author
21 Dec 2016 09:15 - 06 Oct 2023 15:53 #123 by Lindsay Heyes
How to appeal a Parking Charge Notice was created by Lindsay Heyes
You should always appeal a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) without delay if it was wrongly issued or for a minor keying error of your vehicle registration, or if there were mitigating circumstances such as a serious emergency which prevented you leaving. If you paid for the full period that you were parked using paybyPhone or had a valid Seasonal Park & Choose Permit ýou should contact the vendor for proof. If you registered a Contractor or Delivery Vehicle, contact your Registrar via your usual business channel without delay for assistance.

If you have no grounds or prefer not to appeal you can pay a reduced amount within the period of the offer. Payment closes your options to appeal to the Operator or go to Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR).

The Car Park Operator is ParkingEye Ltd so your initial appeal must be to them supported by your evidence. The Operator is bound by the BPA Code of Practice so your appeal is free of charge. ParkingEye Ltd is in the Approved Operator Scheme of the British Parking Association , which is an Accredited Trade Association (ATA). It ensures that the issue of PCNs is evidence-based and other checks and balances required by the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 and the Private Parking (Code of Practice) Act 2019 are in place.

If your appeal to ParkingEye is unsuccessful you can go to arbitration by an independent Ombudsman free of charge. This is known as Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and is subject to the Alternative Dispute Resolution Regulations 2015 to ensure fair play. The ADR Provider appointed by the BPA is PoPLA, a branch of Ombudsman Services

How to get Alternative Dispute Resolution
The appeal process is explained in a video from . The steps for the Wye Valley Visitor Centre Car Park are:
  1. Appeal to the Operator You can use the Citizens Advice appeal letter writer . See the Parking Charge Notice for information you need or log in to the ParkingEye Driver Portal .
  2. Get arbitration from the designated Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider after an appeal to the Operator fails. See the Operator's rejection notice for how to appeal to PoPLA.

If you have questions for or about An appeal to the Operator or using ADR does not limit your statutory rights to complain to the BPA or seek a remedy through the Law Courts.

Free non-partisan guidance is difficult to find on the internet, but  Citizens Advice  has a reputation for being reliable and having no commercial bias. Clear guidance to help you decide whether to appeal a Parking Charge Notice or not is given in this video by The Black Belt Barrister  .

Wye Valley Visitor Centre is not a party in your transaction with ParkingEye Neither ParkingEye nor paybyPhone can disclose evidence of infringement of their Terms and Conditions to Centre Staff under General Data Protection Regulations, nor do we have the necessary accreditation under ADR Regulations to provide ADR, so it is not our practice to intervene. The guiding principle for our company and staff is that we do not take the side of ParkingEye against you nor take your side against ParkingEye. Centre Staff cannot correct your inputs to the systems of ParkingEye or paybyPhone nor have discretion to waive your duty to pay for parking.

Information given by Centre staff about the services of ParkingEye or paybyPhone is out of courtesy and in good faith in the manner of any tourist information and is not intended to form a contract or modify your contract with ParkingEye or constitute legal advice, limit your statutory rights or be definitive. Information in this article was believed correct at the time of posting. It is updated occasionally, but changes to regulations, the Parking Code of Practice and legal precedents are not routinely notified to the author.
The topic has been locked.
Powered by Kunena Forum